The PPA’s circulation team is responsible for managing PPA’s postal strategy, with vital member input from the PPA Postal Strategy Group.
- Managing the relationship with Royal Mail on issues including pricing, quality of service and product development
- Setting the industry’s position on regulatory issues relating to the postal market, working with the postal regulator Ofcom
- Maintaining dialogue with alternative carriers
- Raising standards through the PPA’s Mail Distribution Accreditation Scheme (MDAS)
Publishing Mail is Royal Mail’s specialist mailing service for publishers and distributors of magazines, journals and newsletters, and offers a discount off the standard Royal Mail tariff.
Depending on the number of items you wish to send and the destination of your mail, you may also be able to take advantage of profile pricing discounts.
Royal Mail also provides a free collection and returns service
There are 3 service options to choose from:
- Premium: same day delivery may be possible (restrictions apply)
- 1st Class: next working day
- 2nd Class: delivery aim within two working days after the day of posting.
To be eligible to use Publishing Mail, you need a minimum of 1,000 items.
Additional ‘profile’ discounts may be available if 3,000 items are mailed direct to some city centres.
For more information please go to the Royal Mail website.
Publishers can also mail items using Downstream Access (DSA). This is where mail is collected and trunked by an alternative operator and is then injected into Royal Mail mail centres for final processing and then on to local delivery offices who deliver the mail. Companies offering DSA services include TNT Post, UK Mail, Citipost and Secured Mail.