The Production Committees
The PPA Production & Technology and Pass4press Committee aims to develop, maintain and promote best practice guidelines for the production workflow including: digital, print and paper.
The Group also aims to develop and raise standards, educate and resolve problems and tackles a huge variety of issues connected with magazine production. Key priorities include:
- Maintaining and developing the Pass4press and pic4press guidelines for the digital workflow.
- Developing the Paper Profiling initiative, working closely with the Paperdam Group and the TC130 committee. The aim of the initiative is to work with paper suppliers and printers to develop guidelines on classifying paper profiles into the agreed main paper types.
- To continue to review the PDFX/-4 workflow and develop best practice guidelines.
- To explore the impact on production teams of ePublishing/digital media with a view to developing best practice guidelines.
- To review the various options for job ticketing and XML metadata in general in order to develop a consistent approach.
- To review the current Ad databases and file delivery services and explore how the process of creating and uploading ad files to publishers can be simplified.
- To better understand Cloud computing and its impact on the production workflow.