Apple’s iPad is providing publishers with consistently higher revenues than rival mobile platforms, according to a new study.
The research, carried out by Opera Software, used data from 120bn ad impressions during quarter three, which showed that eCPMs for Apple’s iOS platform reached $1.64 (£1.01) during the three-month period.
That total comfortably beat RIM on $1.06, Android on $0.88 and the Symbian operating system used by Nokia at $0.37.
The iPad achieved an average eCPM of $4.42 during the quarter and the iPhone reached $1.48.
While the tablet accounted for around 5% of total traffic it took a 17% share of total revenues – the iPhone took 30% of traffic and 34% of returns.
By platform, mobile apps accounted for 73% of overall revenues, with the mobile web responsible for the remaining 27%.