Reporting to: PPA CEO with a dotted line to Managing Director, Commercial & Events
Main purpose of job
To develop and implement a strategy to improve engagement with PPA members, helping to increase and communicate value.
• Regularly make contact and meet with a diverse range of staff within PPA member businesses, presenting the membership value proposition
• Achieve a good understanding of what members and non-members within the PPA universe are experiencing as a business – what challenges they are facing, how their businesses are changing, what the competitor landscape looks like, etc
• Share key information with the PPA team where relevant and appropriate
• Help make connections between member businesses and with associate members where appropriate
• Use knowledge and connections to help populate PPA event content (alongside content producers), develop pool of judges, and revise awards categories and programmes, as well as input ideas for new events and activity
• Create a programme of events for specific membership communities, including content development, speaker sourcing and briefing, marketing and some logistics
• Help PPA Membership Manager and CEO develop new member opportunities pipeline
• Work with PPA Staff Writer to ensure the PPA website and communication channels, including weekly newsletter, are addressing the right content for members
• Manage PPA communities and conversation across relevant social platforms including LinkedIn
• Source and manage opportunities for attracting new members / engaging with current members, for example exhibiting/speaking at relevant events, entering awards, positioning thought leadership pieces, pulling together infographics/white papers, commissioning future research programmes, etc
• Member data guardianship, management, and curation where appropriate
• There will be an additional commission structure for converting new members
You will have a good knowledge of the B2B and magazine media publishing industry, a good understanding of the PPA and its products and services, commercial, client management, and events experience, and an enthusiasm for hard work. Working in a small, collaborative team, you will need strong analytical and organisational abilities, combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• knowledge of the professional publishing industry
• ability to prioritise workloads and balance conflicting demands
• diplomatic and persuasive approach
• a passion for magazine media in all its forms
• proven management skills
• high sense of personal responsibility
• enthusiastic, self-motivated, and outgoing
• able to establish productive relationships with people at all levels
• a highly attuned attention to detail
The Professional Publishers Association (PPA) is the membership network for UK consumer magazine and business media publishers.
Start date: 4 January 2022
Deadline for applications: 4 November, 2021
Please submit a one page CV (or link to LinkedIn profile) and cover note explaining your relevant experience and what you would bring to the role and organisation.
Please email applications to Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org