View full details of government guidance here.
Highlighted points from the guidance regarding business meetings and events include:
- The government is permitting the measured reopening of business events such as conferences, exhibitions, conventions, and consumer/trade shows in tiers 1 and 2.
- Events must not contain social networking elements such as receptions, and private dining and banqueting events remain prohibited.
- Meals and refreshments can be provided at business meetings and events.
- If delegates are moving to a restaurant area for catering, or are having a working meeting in a restaurant or other hospitality venue, then the COVID-19 guidance for bars, pubs and takeaway services should be followed.
- Banqueting, private dining and corporate hospitality events should not take place in any venue at any tier level.
- Sit down meals for large groups should not take place and the individual table should not be part of a larger event.